Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week One of Weight Watchers

So today was my weekly Weight Watchers meeting and my weekly weigh-in. Dun Dun Dun..............

But don't worry! It was a great meeting.  I went in and I was telling myself that no matter what happened I know I am making small changes that will last a lifetime.  I walked up to the scale and stood on it, thinking to myself, this is going to be bad.  But then she read what the scale said, and I was pleasantly surprised!  I had lost 3.8 pounds in one week.  And guess what?  There was minimal effort involved to lose those three pounds.  I was amazed!  I followed the program and I am loving eating the foods that I've been eating and what does it show?  Lost weight!  I couldn't believe it..I know I keep saying that, but it's true.  I started thinking to myself, what could happen when I put in 100% effort all of the time, plus add in the activity to get moving? 

Today's meeting was about rewarding yourself.  Not in the way you are thinking.  Not rewarding yourself with a nice big fat piece of chocolate cake.  It was about patting yourself on the bag for the changes that you are making.  If you only lost .8 pounds, at least you lost and just think about all the small things you have done to change.  Our leader said that it was the small things that we did everyday, over and over and over again that got us in the position that we are in now.  So it's going to be the little things that we change for the better that will lead to weight loss and more importantly the permanent changes that are necessary to keep the weight off and maintain a healthy lifestyle!  I'm back on that horse and I'm gonna ride it farther than the horizon! I'm not stopping.  This was just week one!  I can't wait to report back to you next week.  I'm going to work hard and have fun.  I only have this one life so I'm going to make the best of it and live a life that's worth living in a body that I can enjoy that life with!

Signing off for now! Watch out world, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. WOOT! I am so happy this is working for you and I am excited to hear that you will start back into the working out. You will see so many great things!

    ReplyDelete