Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Started

This is new. I've nevver been much into blogging, but I figure I'll do just about anything to help encourage myself to get on this track.  I really think the inspiration for this was my cousin Chris Crosby.  He is a big guy and I love him so much.  He has recently begun a journey to better himself by losing weight and getting his life back.  Well, it's made me want to do the same. There have been other things that motivated me to start losing weight for real this time.  My beautiful daughter Alexis.  She is my world and I really want to be there for her as she grows up.  I can barely run around with her for long before I get winded and exhausted.  She is so full of life and energy and I don't want her to feel like mommy doesn't want to play because she can't keep up.  The other thing that really hit me hard was seeing a new tv that is airing tonight.  It's called Heavy.  All I've seen have been previews and commercials about what the show is going to showcase.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  These people were huge.  And it made me want to cry to see how badly they were struggling.  I started thinking to myself, 'how am I any different?' I'm not THAT big. But then I realized something very hard to swallow.  I'm only a breath away from being there if I don't start changing things right now.  So I woke up this morning and put my mind to it.  I went outside, pulled out the excersise bike, and started peddling.  I knew that I couldn't push myself too hard.  I've been not-so-trying to lose weight for several years now and I know that the things I used to do don't work.  So I started slow. Peddling about 6 mph to get my legs warmed up so I wouldn't have a cramp.  Then slowly I upped it to 10 mph, then 15. I kept a steady pace of 15 mph for 15 minutes.  Some of you may be thinking, 'well that's not very much time.' I understand this, but when you haven't really excersised, it's difficult to get right into the swing of things.  I've tried this before and like I stated earlier, it didn't work. 

So day one is here.
308lbs

I haven't set too many goals for myself.
The main ones are:

1. Don't check the scale everyday.
2. No eating late.
3. No soda pop.

These are my first goals.  I want to start small. I don't want to overwhelm myself and doom the process to fail. What have I got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment