Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Okay...I think That was the hardest one yet!

Oh my expletive expletive expletive.  Today's workout was by far the hardest I've done.  But I got it done.

I woke up this morning exhausted and without much reason.  I couldn't keep my eyes open while the baby ran around and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  All I wanted to do was crawl back in bed under my warm covers and sleep.  We laid the little one down for a nap and got ready to go get our workout done.  My whole being was just telling me not to do it.  It was the devil on my right whispering in my ear.  "You know you don't have to do this" he tells me.  Yes I do.  "Why, you are tired and you did good the two days you worked out. You can take a break today." No I can't. My break days are the weekend. And if I take a break day today, I'll take a break day tomorrow, and so on and so forth.  I'll end up quiting like I always do.  So I pushed myself to get off my ass and just do it.

At first it wasn't too difficult. I could feel my endurance lasting a little longer and not getting tired as quickly.  But that was just on the stationary bike.  After ten minutes I came face to face with my enemy.......The elliptical machine.  In my opinion one of the hardest things to workout on.  It's not only a great cardio machine but it also provides strength training as well.  I set out to do 5 minutes.  Didn't seem like too daunting of a task.  I started out and yeah I could feel the burn but it wasn't too bad.  I can do this.  two and a half minutes past and I can feel my legs start to wobble a little bit.  I keep pushing.  Three and a half minutes.  I'm starting to burn everywhere. Four minutes. Four and a half. Four minutes, fifty seconds. Count down the last ten and I'm finished!!! I felt like I was on fire everywhere.  My legs burned, my lungs burned, my arms burned. But I did it. I finished my goal I set out to do and I'm glad I did.  My legs still feel like jello, but I know it will get a little bit easier each time I do it.

Week 2 Day 3 down and only two left to go! I can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment